Accutane Weight Change Concern?

I just finished a course (40 mg/day for 9 months) of Accutane and upon getting out of the iPledge program, discovered that my weight on file with my dermatologist was about 20 pounds lighter than I was when I started Accutane, so that's what dosage I'm up to. Over the course of treatment, I have lost that 20 pounds, and am now at my on-file weight. My question is - does that initial extra 20 lbs mean I need more Accutane overall, or is the final weight the important one?

Accutane and weight change

+1

Weight isn't the only factor in dosing, though it is a significant one. Based on 40mg a day for 9 months, regardless of that 20lb difference, you should be fine.