I've Been off Accutane for Some Time Now but my Acne is Coming Back

Been off accutane for months and my acne is coming back. Is it possible to take my leftover 40 mg dose once a day like I have been? I have quite a bit leftover Bc my physician gave me the option of taking once or twice daily

Bang for your Buck!

+1

Accutane helps most people the first go-round, but there are patients who require a second course for a more permanent cure of the problem----but the key  is being on the correct dose for your weight, and the correct number of months----usually 5.   Go to see your derm again---and start over if necessary with a second full course, rather than trying to take a few here and there.  You'll get much more bang for your buck by doing it the right way---and maybe never have to take anything for acne again!

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Accutane needs Physician Supervision

+1

Accutane (Isotretinoin) should only be used while under the direct supervision of your physician-- this is to ensure that your treatment is both safe and effective.  The Ipledge system was developed to ensure your safety while taking this medicine.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Only take Accutane under the supervision of a doctor

+1
I do not recommend restarting Accutane on your own. In fact, this is a violation of you ipledge agreement. It is not safe. Work with your doctor and do your lab tests to monitor for side effects. It sounds like your acne may be returning because you did not complete the course. Whether your doctor said to take it once or twice a day the total amount of drug you take should be the same. If you take it once a day, you would take it for twice as long. Again, visit your doctor. Good luck! Dina D. Strachan, MD. NYC dermatologist. 212-627-1004

Web reference: http://www.aglowdermatology.com

Please check with your doctor before you start back on accutane,

+1

There are many things that should be done to have an treatment that is safe and effective, Please check with your doctor before you take your left over Accutane capsules,

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon