Can Accutane Reduce Acne Scars?

I am wondering if Accutane has any effect in reducing acne scars? My dermatologist has told me multiple times that it does reduce scarring by increasing collagen. Is this true? As I have been trying to look into it on the internet and am finding very mixed information.

Can Accutane reduce acne scarring?

+1

I have prescribed Accutane for 30 years. I wouldn't tell anyone it would help with acne scarring. Or that's how we would treat all the patients who come to us post-acne with severe scarring. Accutane treats active acne, which leads to the development of new scars. But it won't help with scarring that you already have.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."