Accutane Vs Red and Blue Light Therapy?

I had several side effects from Claravis (generic accutane) after a month and had to go off for trying to control VERY oily skin and moderate cystic hormonal 42 year old acne.

I am debating whether to try the Accutane again (via the dermatologist suggestion) or buy the Quasar red and blue light therapy or Tanda machine. Can you advise?

Other options besides accutane

Its hard to say but there are other option. of course: photodynamic therapy with levulan, spironolactone, birth control. Blue light therapy, with or without levulan or another photosensitizing agent, may give improvement but does require a time commitment for blue light alone on your end (twice weekly/ 20 minutes per treatment). I am a big fan of alternating blue and red light for treating both the acne and the redness from the inflammation. Being siad, there is also a great place for isotretinoin..

My hunch is that you need to have blood work done to check your hormone levels/ ensure you dont have PCOS....too much for this forum but the best advice is to see a dermatologist!

Miami Beach Dermatologist