Recommended Accutane Dosage for Male?

I'm wondering, how many milligrams of Accutane should I take per day? I am 23 years old, male and I weigh 60 kg. Thanks.

Accutane dosing

+1

Generally speaking, I put my patients on 1 mg/kg/day, as tolerated for about 4-6 months to achieve a target cumulative dose of at least 120 mg/kg. In your case, that would be a 60 mg daily dose (30 mg twice daily). For someone who is just starting, I frequently will start at a lower dose (either 20 mg or 40 mg) and increase from there if no significant side effects develop.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

30mg BID for most

+1

I will make this general recommendation, but I do not recommend asking for advice without having the dermatologist know your complete history. There could be reasons to go higher or lower. The higher the dose, the longer the remission in most cases. Be sure you fully understand all side effects before proceding.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

You should start around 30mg daily and then increase to 60mg daily in months 2-6.

+1

Thanks for your question.

You should start around 30mg daily and then increase to 60mg daily in months 2-6. If your acne does not respond, you could go even higher. However, this is a good standard dosing regimen.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist