Accutane Usage Duration Question?

I have very moderate acne (a couple zits) and was interested in knowing if three months would be a sufficient amount of time to use accutane? I literally live on the beach and have been on accutane for a little while now and it makes life very difficult and I swear I can never keep from burning no matter what I do. I signed up for it and I am grateful to be on the treatment just really would like to get off ASAP. I weigh 120lbs and am on 40mg. Any help would be appreciated.

Full Course of Accutane Works Best

+1

Hi Emilye!  While a little bit of Accutane will improve your skin studies have shown that to get the best, long lasting results the full course is recommended.  At your current dose and weight that would be over 6 months.  Remember, there are many ways to protect yourself from the sun including seeking shade, wearing protective clothing and using a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30.

Toronto Dermatologist