Is Accutane Effective on Large Pimples Caused by Stress?

I am 25 and have had acne problems since age 11. I was recently prescribed Differin gel and Sulfacetamide Sodium Topical liquid which have helped clear up the smaller pimples I had on my forehead. However, no matter what I try (different birth control pills, proactive, etc.), I still get large pimples on my chin which I think are caused by hormones/stress. They take a long time to go away and sometimes cause small scars. Is Accutane effective for that type of acne?

Accutane could not care less whether pimples due to stress or hormones

Accutane does not care about the source of acne, be it hormonal or stress. To this drug a cyst is a cyst.

The only type of acne which Accutane is not effective is comedonal acne, for which Accutane is not truly indicated.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist