Accutane for 44 Year Old Female with Rosacea?

I am a 44 year old female in Southern California. I have been diagnosed with Rosacea. I am beginning accutane today at 40 mg per day for 5 months. I have not had a horrible acne rosacea breakout....just small irritating bumps. Should I expect a bad initial breakout? If so, how long after I start? Also, how long should the results last after the course of treatment?

Rosacea and Accutane

+1

Accutane helps many patients control their rosacea, especially the type of rosacea that does have bumps and redness. Taking the medication shouldn't make you have any kind of bad breakout, as that's not what you are taking it for. You shouldn't have this problem at all. The results should last you for years.