Accutane for 10 Months Without Results, What is the Next Step if Any?

It has been about 4 years from when I was on it.  Last derm I went to wanted to cut out every single one over the span of 6 months.  He said it was some type of cyst and that he has never seen it as bad as I have it (about 500 cysts on my face alone).  Do I have another option of some sort or do I let him take the knife to my face again?   He did go through one session of removing some cysts (50) and I really don't want to do that again. Male, 28. This has been going on for atleast 10 yrs.

Visit another physician for an opinion

+1

I would really recommend you see another physician for an evaluation. Accutane works on a variety of acne, unlike many other acne medications. With that being said, did the physician who removed your "cysts" do any type of lab work on them to determine what they are. I know you said the physician stated he'd not seen anything like them, and then removed 50, but I would assume some type of pathology was done..... I would suggest you see another physician for an evaluation at this point. It needs to be determined what these "cysts" are before you go cutting more out!