2 Months Off From 6 Month Accutane Treatment and Breaking Out Again?

I was on Accutane for 6 months ( I had mild acne and amoxicillin would only work) I have been off of it for 2 months and have begun to break out again. After seeing the doctor I was told I have rosacea (I'm 21) and was given doxycycline,finacea, and clindamycin/metronidazole. I'm not entirely convinced that this is the problem, I am also on yaz...what should I do to try to cure this?

Breaking out after Accutane

+1

There are a couple of things. First, you may actually have rosacea and the medications you were given if that is the case, are fine. Second, with your Accutane course, you frankly may not have been on it long enough. The purpose of a course of Accutane is to get the proper mg of the medication into your system to combat the type and severity of your acne, taking into account your weight. If you don't get enough of the medication, acne can and will come back, though usually a lot less.