Is accutane being absorbed in my body?

I read that accutane needs to be taken with a fatty meal, so after a meal, I swallow 3/4 of a shot glass of olive oil and then I take the pill. Does taking large doses of oil affect the drug absorption in an way or should I just stick to other sources of fats - like almonds? Also is it common for side effects to come and go. Around January, my skin was excessively dry and it started to peel. At the moment it feels smooth but non oily. Obviously the dry lips have been constant.

Accutane absorption

+1
You can just take Accutane with food. There is no need to take a 3/4 shot glass of olive oil. Accutane is best absorbed with higher fat, higher calorie foods, but really, I just have always told people to make sure they take the pill with food. That's enough. You don't need to alter your diet to take the pill.

Second, side effects can be stronger with environmental changes. In the winter there is much less humidity in the air, so you will be more dry. Make sure you stick to a good moisturizer and lip balm - Dr. Dan's Cortibalm is awesome while on Accutane.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."