Accutane and Skincare Ingredients?

Can someone please tell me if i can use this cleanser with the following ingredients on my face whilst on accutane? It has mild glycolic acid in it. I am on a dosage of 20mg for 6-9 months. organic Green Tea. Mild concentrations of glycolic and lactic acids, Botanical extracts, Vitamins A,B,C,E

Avoid glycolic acid while on Accutane

+1
Accutane is a drying, exfoliating medication so one should avoid glycolic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, retinoids and scrubs when taking it. Use of these ingredients while on Accutane will likely result in irritation. Instead use a moisturizing cleanser that does not exfoliate.

Accutane and cleanser

+1

Nope. I wouldn't recommend it. It's going to be too aggressive and make your skin red and irritated. I tell my patients to use non-glycolic, mild cleansers like Dove or CeraVe while on Accutane. And always follow up with a good moisturizer and sunscreen.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD