Accutane and Pregancy?

I stopped taking accutane for 14 days because i thougt i was pregnant, then i had my periods, i started accutane again and ive been taking them for 7 days and found out it was an early pregnancy bleeding can the accutane harm the baby in this situation?

Accutane absolutely cannot be used during pregnancy due to possibility of severe birth defects

+2

Please discontinue Accutane immediately and see your gynecologist and dermatologist as soon as possible.  Accutane is pregnancy category X and absolutely cannot be used during pregnancy.  In the US, there is a requirement for two methods of birth control to be used at all times while on Accutane and for two months after Accutane. 

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Discontinue Isotretinoin and see your OB-Gyn

+1

Isotretinoin should never be used during pregnancy.  Immediately stop your Isotretinoin and consult with your OB-Gyn and prescribing Dermatologist to assess your potential risk and the risk to the baby.

Jeffrey C. Poole, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Accutane and pregnancy

+1

Accutane absolutely cannot be used during pregnancy no matter how high or low the dosage is. When taking it as a female with child bearing potential, two forms of contraception must be used at all times. Additionally, never, ever should you use your period as a way to determine if you might be pregnant. Any chances and you should have gotten a pregnancy test done. At this point, I sincerely hope you've already stopped the Accutane, but you must see your physician immediately and discuss next steps. Yes, Accutane harms fetuses and causes irrevocable deformities in many, many cases.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD