Accutane And Laser Hair Removal?

Hello i was wandering if i could have laser hair removal 3 months after accutane.My doctor said i can have it 3 months after accutane is finished.I was wondering if this is okay and if you have treated patients 3 months after they had finished accutane.I am desperate for an second opinion.Thank You

Accutane and Laser Hair Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. The package insert advises waiting for 6 months upon completion of Accutane.  However, there has not been any research or studies stating it is safe or not safe to do so prior to 6 months. You will need to accept the risk if you do it prior to the recommendations. Be sure to be supervised by a board certified dermatologist. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser hair removal after Accutane

+1

You could have a small test patch done with the laser to see if your skin is still sensitive after your Accutane treatment.  Have it done in your physician's office.

Toronto Dermatologist

This may be safe for you.

+1

This may be safe for you. Although we used to wait 6-12 months after Accutane use before performing laser hair removal, recent studies have suggested that this is not required.