Safe to Drink Alcohol While on Accutane?

I went out drinking last night and I'm on Accutane, should I worry? I'm on 60 Mg of Accutane a day, if this is the only alcohol I consume while on the Accutane do I have anything to worry about?

Alcohol while on Accutane

+3

The reason a person should not drink alcohol while on accutane is because this medication is metabolized by the liver. Accutane itself can cause mild liver dysfunction so if you drink alcohol on top of taking the medication, the liver is taking another "hit" so to speak. I would strongly advise against drinking alcohol while on Accutane. That being said, I have had certain patients ignore my advice. They do not appear to have suffered any long-term liver damage. I would not worry about what you have done, but I would not let it happen again.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist