Should I Try Accutane for Adult Body and Face Acne?

I am a 35 yo female who has face & body acne since my late teens. Over the yrs. I have tried everything including clindamyacin, tetracycline, retin-A, many bcp's, and IPL w/Levulan (which did help).

My new derm recommended accutane since nothing else worked and since I am done having kids it is time to try it. I do not have cystic acne, just pustules, but it is everywhere from head to waist, esp. on back/chest, my face has the least is accutane effective for this type of acne?

Accutane is effective for face and body acne

+2
It is the gold standard in acne therapy. Other things to consider: - avoid all milk and dairy products since they all have hormones. - if there any menstrual irregularities, consider hormonal testing, as hormonal abnormalities also need to be treated or controlled.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon