How Accurate is the Vectra 3D for Breast Augmentation?

I am scheduled to have breast augmentation and I am having trouble choosing a size. I'm a petite 5'4, 118 lbs, size 2 and I am currently a 34B. I keep hearing the biggest regret is woman wished they would have went bigger. My PS suggested 375 mentor silicone implants and I'm thinking I should do 350cc to be on the safe side. The 375 looked good on the Vectrab3D but but I'm not sure how accurate it really is. I don't want to be to big. HELP!

Breast Enhancement

+1
I think the Vectra is good but it is still a tool and somewhat of a game like device. A study has shown that about 80% of patients think there result looks like the image so its good but not great

The Vectra 3D imaging system does an excellent job of simulating what size you will be after breast augmentation.

+1

The Vectra 3D imaging system does an excellent job of simulating what size you will be. Ultimately, the decision is yours.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Imaging programs for sizing

+1
Like imaging for rhinoplasty, Vectra and other systems only go so far. They cannot indicate how surgical technique will affect the shape of the pocket and how your breast tissue will tighten around the implant. There is a minimal difference between the 350 and 375 cc implants and I agree with others that most patients regret not having opted for the larger of these two sizes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Vectra 3D for breast augmentation

+1

The difference in volume that you are debating is about half a shot glass.  Most women would not be able to tell the difference if a 350 or 375 cc implant was placed.  The larger size will just make you a bit fuller.  I would suggest going with the larger of the two sizes.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Size

+1

Choosing a size is always a big deal for women, know that 225 cc equal about one cup size. Your debating between 350cc and 375cc, If anything go with the bigger size since most of the time we hear women regretting not going any bigger. 25cc is not a big difference

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS