How Accurate is the Vectra 3D for BA?

The largest my PS reccomended I go is 335cc silicone, mod profile, unders. I am 5'6, 112lbs and 27.5 rc. I am currently a 32AA if that. I was given three sizes to consider and at first I thought I liked the 290 but wanted more volume so I have been considering the 335. Overall I liked the way the 335 looked on the vectra 3D image but I am a little concerned about how rounded the top part looks. Should I ask to see 315cc? I don't want to look too fake. Is the vectra 3D simulation pretty accurate?

How Accurate is the Vectra 3D for BA?

+1
I have found computer imaging to be a useful addition to the communication tools that we already use when it comes to preoperative communication of patients' goals. This preoperative communication is one of the important keys to success when it comes to breast augmentation surgery. Although helpful,  the technology is not necessarily perfect when it comes to predicting what size/profile of breast implants will best achieve a patient's goals. Again, in my opinion it is best use as a communication tool only and not as a “guarantee” of outcomes to be expected. You may find the attached link, describing this technology, helpful to you.

Vectra helps but is not perfect

+1

I have a Vectra, and it works like I thought it would: It is a cool tool that helps patients "see" what they might look like, but the role of experience and clinical judgement is more important.  I always change the implant position, for example, from where Vectra puts it, as I think clinically I put it slightly higher than Vectra simulates it.

Michael Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

3D Imaging for breast augmentation

+1

3D imaging for breast augmentation is a good tool to give patients some idea of what their results may be.  However, it does not guarantee your results.  There are some limitations to 3D imaging.  For instance, it does not work well with patients who have loose skin or sagging / ptosis.   3D imaging can be used in conjuction with your own preferences (perhaps through a sizing process) and through dimensional planning  (where multiple measurements of your chest wall are taken to determine a range of implants that will fit well for your unique body type).   Please talk to your PS about your sizing concerns before your surgery.  Communication with your PS is key.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Vectra 3D is a simulation only

+1

Although the 3D simulation has been a very valuable tool for educating patients about their own anatomy and showing them general estimates about the changes possible, it is not possible to show exact outcomes or guarantee a look

During consultation it is our goal to match your goals with what is possible and in your best interest long term. A difference of a few millimeters or cc's rarely determines a sucessful outcome. However, a larger implant does stretch your tissues more and will increase the risks slightly of having problems such as visible edges, ripples and gravity related problems.  If you still have concerns then call the office to arrange for further discussion and consultation.

Best regards,

Dr.  Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and the Vectra 3D imaging system

+1

When evaluating a patient for breast augmentation and assisting them in determining the size they would like to be, there are many things a plastic surgeon with take into consideration.  The patients anatomy, tissue, breast diameter and of course, the patients desires are important factors when choosing what implants to use for a patient.  The Vectra 3D imaging system while not a guarantee is fairly accurate and has been a wonderful tool in my practice enabling patients to see what various sizes will look like on them.  An evaluation by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon is most important when considering breast augmentation but the Vectra is an adjunct that can help you feel more confident in proceeding. There is little if any perceptable difference between 315 and 335cc however. Good luck, hope this helps!

Kathleen Waldorf, MD, FACS

No computer simulation knows your tissue

+1

The problem with all computer simulations is that the computer doesn't know anything about YOUR tissue, how firm or soft it is etc and therefore how it will respond to an implant.  There is no guarantee that the result the computer shows you is accurate.  You should work with the best plastic surgeon, know that differences of 25ccs are nothing to worry about and eventually give the control over to the best doctor having been very specific with him/her about the "look" you want and feeling that they fully understand.  Make sure they also feel that this "look" is realistically achievable given your body and your starting point too!!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS