Can Accumulation of Fluid Occur After Dog Ear Correction?

I had a tummy tuck in may of 2012 and had developed dog ears. I had them corrected last mont 5/13 and my sides overlap anything I wear. Now I have a flat stomache but new issues with these huge "love handles"?

Dog ears or love handles?

+2

After surgery is is possible to have a collection of fluid under the wound and this can be blood or serum.  It will possibly need to be drained by the surgeron who performrd yuor surgery.

Sometimes though the flattening in one area will excentuate the fullness in another and it is possile that the flat stomach has drawn yuor attention to the fat pad in the flank, know as the " love handles" and that the solution to the problem is liposuction of this area.

In either case it is subject to bring up with the surgeon and the answer should be clear

Jeremy Hunt  

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Odd to have fluid after this

+2

It is always impossible to say without an exam or even a photo however this is a very odd situation and certainly not usual.  I would suggest going in to see your doc about this to figure out what is going on.  Best of luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Revision of dog ears after tummy tuck surgery

+1

A hematoma or seroma can develop after dog ear excision.  I would discuss options for waiting or liposuction for these areas of fullness. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS