Acculift for Face Fat Reduction? (photo)

i am a 25 year old women with heavy cheeks,i am 5ft2 and 105lb.i had buccal fat reduction when i was 23,very happy with the result even though the dr said i had more face fat than the buckle fat.(i went all the way i had n mri done to see how much buckle fat i had),i want to contour my lower cheeks and the mid ckeeks as it bulges a lot when i smile,will acculift help,also how much would it cost for me ,hope ul be able to tell after looking at my pics.

Acculift for Face Reduction

+1

I would not recommend liposuction of these areas as the results are less than you would think, if done well.  The problems are myriad and can be difficult to repair.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sometimes it's best to leave things as they are.

+1

I see nothing wrong with your cheeks.  I certainly would be strongly opposed to any suction above the angle of the jaw.  I suggest you enjoy being young and stay of the plastic surgeon's office.

Considerations for you..

+1

At 25 years old the volume in your cheeks in my opinion are appropriate for your age. As a specialist of facial aging it has been my observation that as you get older when you are into your late 30’s and 40’s a lot of this facial fat volume will diminish. In fact much of my practices is focus on restoring volume in the same area for people as they had gotten older. I would respectfully ask you to consider not having an intervention at this time. As I think you would, you may regret it later on.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial fat reduction

+1

I would not recommend removing any fat from your face now.  Your face looks young now and the volume you have now will keep you aging gracefully.  Removing fat now will likely cause you to age much quicker, and you'll have surgeons advising you to have it put back to correct aging changes in your face in 10-15 years, if not before.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Acculift For Facial Fat Reduction May Look Good Now- But Not Later

+1

Here's the problem. You don't realize it now, but fat in your face is precious. Fat in our face keeps us looking young as we get old. Anything you do now to remove the fat will make you look more contoured today, but will also make you look older sooner. If you leave your facial fat alone, you will likely look young into your 50's. If you remove the fat now, you will likely start to look older in your early 40's or even late 30's. My strong recommendation would be to do nothing. Just because we have the technology to do something doesn't mean that we should be doing it. You have already removed some of the fat that would have helped you look young longer- please don't remove any more. Good luck. 

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acculift for Face Fat Reduction?

+1

Hello Sally, in reviewing your posted photos I can not advise you to do any further work on your face. Anytime you do an invasive procedure you risk facial paralysis as well as asymmetry. You are very young yet, as we age we lose facial volume and I am sure that you don't want to sag. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Cheek fullness after buccal fat removal.

+1

Please leave it alone--your cheeks look fine.  Remember you can look worse! You can always find someone tto tell you what u want tto hear. 

Acculift for Face Fat Reduction?

+1

In my opinion the acculift will NOT achieve the result you desire. Also very hard over the internet to be specific. Seek in person examinations 

Acculift is facial liposuction made to sound sexy.

+1

It is important to understand that there is a profound gap between what you are looking to accomplish and what a potential cosmetic surgeon understands of your concerns. We tend to want to fit patients into boxes based on the procedure we offer. By looking for a particular procedure, you are essentially diagnosing and prescribing your own surgery. Hopefully your assessment is correct. However, I do wonder if your assessment is accurate. That is really what consultations are all about. What is at stake is irreparable harm to your facial appearance and self-esteem. In looking at your photos you are very attractive and I question the interventions you are considering for yourself. Having MRI to assess your buccal fat is pretty extreme. If you are spending more than an hour a day thinking about these issues, you might have body dysmorphic disorder. This does not preclude you from having cosmetic surgery, it just makes it less likely that you and your surgeon will accurately communicate regarding your concerns. This is were disappointment after surgery starts.

Will acculift help,to contour my face

+1

No it will not. Frequently facial liposuction performed with great care will  thin this area. I do it frequently on models who desire this look

Richard Ellenbogen, MD