Acculift As a Less Invasive Alternative to Facelift?

Does anyone have any info on the Acculift procedure performed with the AccuSculpt 1444 laser? Supposedly, it removes wrinkles and jowls, and tightens skin for patients who desire less invasive alternatives to facelift surgery.

Aacculift is proving to be ideal procedure for many men

+2

I have found the acculift which involves a combination of  applying laser energysupplied by the Accusculpt laser  to the nasolabial folds, jowls and neck along with small cannula liposuction to be an ideal procedure for many men, who do not desire or tolerate a facelift in many instances.

Does Acculift help?

+2

Just to add to Dr Wang's comments: Acculift is definitely NOT a sustitute for a traditional facelift or even a minilift. It is best suited for those who are adamantly opposed to a more invasive procedure such as surgery and satified with minimal imporvements. The procedure is new and therefore we have no idea how long the redults will last.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acculift as a tool to refine jawline and tightening skin

+2

Acculift is a laser assisted lipolysis with skin tightening procedure done on the face. One of the areas commonly treated is the marionette and jawline to reduce jowls.

Via small incisions, the laser probe is inserted under the skin. By changing the treatment parameter, both the fatty tissues and skin can be treated at the same setting. In my opinion, this is suitable for mild to moderate severity and also can be used as touch-up after traditional facelift.

The recovery period is quite short, typically with very little swelling or bruising. The best thing to do is to have a qualified plastic surgeon to evaluate your face and then deciding the best treatment option.

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Acculift should not be viewed as an alternative to Facelift

+1

Acculift should not be viewed as an alternative to Facelift but rather as potentially an additive procedure which may or may not be of benefit.
No the Acculift does not replace the need for fillers or face lifting procedures. It is NOT a breakthrough procedure, rather using existing technology a small amount of local anesthesia to numb the treatment areas followed by 1 to 2 mm openings. Through these  openings, a  laser removes fat  (laser lipolysis - several companies offer machines that do this) and there is some limited  tightening of the skin due in part to heat generated. Unfortunately as we age we loose fat which is why Fillers are so popular. Why would you want to remove fat unless it was required??

Does it replace the need (or reduce it) for cosmetic fillers? - no it reduces volume does not replace it. I would think at best this technology would be used as an adjunct to existing techniques and that there is probably independent risk in using this technique.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Ultherapy Best for Facial Skin Tightening

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Ultherapy for facial skin tightening. Ultherapy deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. Plus, the treatment is completely non-invasive and does not require downtime. I have seen excellent results with the treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Acculift versus a facelift

+1

In my personal opinion, as it removes fat during its laser application and since the tightening effect it will have is minimal, I believe you might see a slight improvement in the very short term but actually accelerate the need for a Facelift in the future. Losing volume in the face is part of the aging process and is why people need a Facelift done. So removing fat does not make sense. Even if one were to isolate the jowl region and just remove the fat there, while swollen, it might look good and once the swelling is gone, then the skin will sag and look worse.

Julio Garcia, MD

Acculift

+1

Acculift is a form of laser assisted lipolysis.  It is a technique that will take away excess fat from areas of the face, therby theoretically tightening certain areas; it is not a "wrinkle reduction" technique.  It is interesting because it is divergent from the current commonly held belief that we need to "add volume" to the face to achieve a more youthful look.  I think that this technique definitely will have some favorable applications, but would currently view it more as a niche treatment for very specific problems.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon