Is There an Acculift Expert in the Madison, Wisconsin Area?

I have had a second facelift six years ago. I need work to address sagging skin around mouth and fat under chin. Is there an Acculift expert in the Madison area? I am 56 years old.

Seeking Acculift expert

+3

The Acculift is one type of branded minilift. There are probably over 100 branded minilifts out there.

You know my thoughts on branded minilifts if you have read posts on RealSelf.

In my opinion, minilifts are weak for jowls and jawlines, problems you cite, and are generally performed by inexperienced facelift practitioners on patients whose primary criterion for their choice of surgeon is a cheap price.

Revision facelifts, which you now need, are much trickier than first time facelifts. Problems which may be small after the first facelift can turn significant with the second one. Lateral sweeps emerge. Jowls, the perioral area can remain virtually unchanged unless the deeper layers are specifically and aggressively addressed and volume is augmented. Deep tissue adjustment does by definition not occur with a minilift. Skin starts to stretch and ears distort.

If you are interested in the best result, you should seek out an experienced facelift expert with a great reputation and experience with revision facelifts.

If you have already for some reason decided on one specific type of branded mini-lift, try Googling the procedure and you will undoutedly find somebody to do surgery on you.

Look For the Expert in Your Area Not the Procedure Name

+1

Beware of Gimmicks - Stick to Recommendations from Board Certified Plastic Surgeons
The Acculift is not a substitute for  face lifting procedures or fillers . It is NOT a breakthrough procedure, rather using existing technology a small amount of local anesthesia to numb the treatment areas followed by 1 to 2 mm openings. Through these  openings, a  laser removes fat  (laser lipolysis - several companies offer machines that do this) and there is some limited  tightening of the skin due in part to heat generated. Unfortunately as we age we loose fat which is why Fillers are so popular. Why would you want to remove fat unless it was required??
Does it replace the need (or reduce it) for cosmetic fillers? - no it reduces volume does not replace it. I would think at best this technology would be used as an adjunct to existing techniques and that there is probably independent risk in using this technique.
Probably most important is the skill and experience of the surgeon. Always check out his/her before and after photos and ask to see long term results and most of all that he is trained and a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years.
Remember it is the skill and experience of the surgeon that counts not the name !!  Great surgeons get great results, period. The best way to find one is to start with a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years. Ask to see before and after photos, especially long term ones. and ask the number of times you will be seen afterwards by the surgeon rather than a medical assistant. A good place to start is "find a doctor" on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons web sites.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Acculift is not a Facelift

+1

Acculift refers to the use of laser assisted lipolysis via the Lutronic device. I have a colleague who firmly believes in this technology, but I remain unconvinced. Laser assisted lipolysis is designed to remove facial volume, a very different paradigm from what most of us have been trying to achieve with restoration of facial volume, vis a vis Facelift, fillers, fat transfer, etc.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Avoid "branded" facelifts

+1

Until everyone has exactly the same aging process, generic lifts will neither be very
accurate or give much lift.

In Florida, I regularly am asked to either re-do or revise the varieties of generic lifts that have poor style and limited life.

Find a plastic surgeon with years of experience in the whole variety of facial rejuvenation, and you will have an artistic and individualized outcome.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Mini lifts give mini results

+1

As Dr. Moelleken has said, the multitude of branded mini lifts sound great, are marketed heavily but really are mostly just old fashioned mini facelifts that were largely abandoned by real plastic surgeons because newer and better techniques became available.

Most minis are done by non-plastic surgeons wanting to dabble in the facelift market and tempt you to come to them by selling you on the idea that you can have everything you want from a mini lift. These do not adress the jowls and midling neck well at all.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS