How Would You Accomplish This Rhinoplasty? Can It Be Done?

i am 17 years old, and am hoping to get a nose job soon. it's difficult not liking something that resides in the middle of your face. i know it's just a minor thing, but i would like to fix it. here are the pictures (photo labeled "before" is what my nose looks like right now, photos labeled "after" is what i would LIKE my nose to look like) is this possible? what would you do to my nose?? i want it to still remain "my nose" if you get my drift..

Reasonable Goals for Rhinoplasty

+1

Your computer results show that you have reasonable expectations after your rhinoplasty. Consult with an experienced surgeon to thoroughly review surgical goals.  

The Key to Successful Rhinoplasty is Realistic Expectations

+1

Looking at your before and after photos, I am glad you have realistic expectations.

The changes you desire are possible with the current techniques in rhinoplasty.  Although you may not achieve the exact same look as your digitized photos, the result will be very similar, and perhaps even better.

Good Luck.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Nose, rhinoplasty, price reduction,costs

+1

Much improvement can be achieved with your nose and still maintain balance to your face and a natural look to your nose. My main goal is to make the nose "blend" in the face and not stand out. Look at my video!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

#Rhinoplasty for subtle improvements of facial balance, without major change

+1

Hi sparklestar222 in florida,

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Every patient is unique. Reducing the hump from a nose is the most common request for cosmetic nasal surgery. Humps are usually made up of both cartilage and bone, and come in various sizes and shapes. Reducing small humps is a relatively easier procedure, as compared to more extensive rhinoplasty surgery. Large bumps will require bone reshaping/breaking after the hump is removed.

A goal in nasal surgery is to recreate balance of the nose with the rest of the face. A small hump may be filed or rasped without needing more surgery. A subtle change in the nose may create a profound improvement in facial balance. Occasionally, complementary surgery may be recommended along with the rhinoplasty to help improve overall facial balance, such as chin implant or augmentation.

Computer imaging to simulate potential rhinoplasty results is an important part of the rhinoplasty consultation. Computer imaging does not guarantee results though. Your plastic surgeon will review various possible outcomes, and together you both will come to a surgical plan.

Only after a comprehensive nasal evaluation can a rhinoplasty surgeon help determine the most appropriate option for you. Best of luck.

Dr. C

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You seem to have very realistic expectations about your nose.  From what I see in the pictures, the improvements you have imaged are certainly possible in the right hands.  Many rhinoplasty surgeons use digital imaging software to "predict" what the nose might look like after surgery.  Make sure you discuss the areas that you would like to improve with your surgeon.  Good luck!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

While photoshop alteration gives you a what you want, and I agree those are some of the things I can see on photos, a full physical would be essential. I would also warn you that final results would in no way be exactly like your computer alterations although they may be very close.

Rhinoplasty Recommendations

+1

I think what you have outlined in your photo images is fairly realistic in terms of a possible outcome. I agree that bringing your bridge height down and refining your tip shape and position are excellent surgical goals. In the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, there is a great chance you will be quite happy with the results. I would caution you, however, that this type of surgery is hardly ever considered 'just a minor thing' in my mind. Even with finesse type changes to someone's nose, serious thought and consideration have to be given to the surgical plan and execution. I wish you the best of luck.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Accomplish This Rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for all the photos and your concerns. You really need to see experienced boarded surgeons in person to feel "right" about the plans. Best of Luck. 

The rhinoplasty will accomplish your goals.

+1

Removal of the bump and more projection of the tip with or without narrowing the tip will give you the result you want. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and meet his patients who have a nose like yours to get the best result.