What if I Accidently Pulled a Suture and Now the Inside of my Nose is Swollen and Tender Where It Was Pulled?

Accidently Pulled a Suture

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining your nose – you should consider seeing your surgeon for an assessment.

Pulled suture after rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend you see your surgeon to evaluate your situtation.  Chances are nothing is significantly injured.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Picking sutures after rhinoplasty should be avoided

+1

There are things in there that you do not want to mess with.  Pulling one suture is probably not a big deal.  I would tell you to keep the nostrils and just inside them coated with antibiotic ointment at all times.  I tell my patients to put it on gently with a Q-tip.

Ryan N. Heffelfinger, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Internal sutures in rhinoplasty.

+1

Virtually all rhinoplasty surgeons use resorbable sutures to close the lining inside the nose during rhinoplasty.  Likely, the discomfort you are feeling is due to the irritation as a result of avulsing the suture.  In all likelihood there wil not be any long term issue, but if the pain and tenderness persist beyond a couple of days I would visit your surgeon before the next scheduled follow-up.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal surgery and suture removal

+1

Internal sutures from nasal surgery usually dissolve and become loose within a week or so.  If this is the case, things should be fine. If you are worried, you should ask your doctor.

Inside of Nose Tender and Swollen

+1

You do not mention when you had your surgery. Tenderness and swelling inside you nose shortly after surgery should be examined by your surgeon. This may be something insignificant that will resolve with time but the cause should be determined.