Accidentaly Sneezed Through Nose 40 Days Post-septorhinoplasty?

Hi I had an open septorhinoplasty 40 days ago, and I have sneezed through my nose instead of my mouth, should I be worried about the results of my nose? I am very concerned, am I ok? Thank you

Sneeze After Rhinoplasty

+1

More than likely, you are probably ok. If you feel that something has changed in your appearance or the feel of your nose, please see your plastic surgeon to ensure that everything is healing correctly. 

Rhinoplasty surgery recovery

+1

Dear JohnStock1,

• Sneezing over a month out from a rhinoplasty is fine
  • You will not hurt the final results

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Sneezing after a Septorhinoplasty

+1

At 40 days post surgery, I doubt you compromised the results of your septorhinoplasty by sneezing.  However, if you are concerned call your surgeon's office and check to see if they would like you to be examined.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Sneezing after rhinoplasty

+1

You would be surprised how much healing has taken place over the course of 40 days.  A sneeze, mouth open or closed would not likely be violent enough to affect your rhinoplasty result.  

Hang in there, these things take time to heal.

Douglas Hargrave,M.D.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon