Accidentally Push a Bit the Nasal Bridge While Cleaning the Dry Blood After Rhinoplasty?

It's been 4 days after my rhinoplasty. I had an L shaped silicone placed to improve my nasal bridge. I was trying to clean out the dry blood inside the right nostril with a pin-set (as it was hard enough to clean). I managed to clean the small ones, but when i tried to get the bigger one, i moved a bit the nasal bridge. And i tried occasionally giving a little push on one side, just to make my nostril shape more balanced.. Right now my nose still looks perfect, no changes. Did I do damage? help!

Nasal Bridge Manipulation after Rhinoplasty

+1

I would not manipulate the nasal bridge or dig inside the nose.  Please followup with your plastic surgeon for an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Leave the rhinoplasty alone

+1

You should not be placing an instrument up your nostril.  To remove the crud from inside gently apply bacterial ointment with a Q-tip and leave it for five minutes.  Then tease the crud out slowly.  Consult your physician.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Clenaing nose post rhinoplasty

+1

I do not allow my patients to put anything up their nose for at least the first week, Then once the splint comes off I allow them to gently clean witha q-tip after they moisten the nostrils in the shower or with nasal saline drops.

Post rhinoplasty have your surgeon clean your nose

+1

Dear Tamy, It is always advisable to see your surgeon when you have a question so that an examination may be done. After surgery it is best to see your surgeon frequently so that the day to day task of cleaning your nose may be done in office. You really should not be cleaning your own nose. I try and see my patients as often as their schedule permits to make sure they do not have any questions and I can advise them daily on their healing process as well as take care of any hygienic needs. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD