I Accidentally Dried my Compression Bra, and I Am Very Itchy. Should I Call my Doctor About This?

I'm on my third day after breast augmentation. I accidentally dried my Compression Bras in the dryer after having breast augmentation. The braw is quite tight now. I am also very itchy and have red rash/inflammation around my collar bone and in spots where I have been scratching. No problems with the actual incision spot or breast themselves have this itching problem though. Should I call my doctor about the bra size and/or the rash/itchiness? I am about to take Benadryl for the first time now.

Itching with bra

+2

If you are developing a rash with your bra, I recommend you contact your doctor to be evaluated. It may not be the bra, it could also be to medications.

Itching after Breast Augmentation

+2

Hi there-

I would absolutely recommend you call your surgeon. The bra should ideally be snug, but if it is uncomfortably tight, it may cause other problems... and it may be that your itching indicates an allergy to something you have been exposed to.

Either way, your surgeon's office would want to know you are uncomfortable and have the opportunity to help you.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Itching after surgery

+2
If you are uncomfortable with the compression bra, which may have shrunk in the dryer, call your plastic surgeon and try to obtain a substitute. You could have reacted to the detergent as the skin will be sensitive after surgery. Certainly you can obtain an over-the-counter hydrocortisone or anti-itch cream and begin to apply it. Benadryl is commonly used to treat itching but you should check with your plastic surgeon before taking any medication. Good luck!

When in doubt touch base with your surgeons office

+2

You can never go wrong with asking your plastic surgeons office a question, although from what you describe it sounds like all is relatively well.  Itching is usually a result of medication or of what is contacting the skin.  You can try some topical skin products to help with some of the itching like over the counter cortisone creams as well as try and refrain as much as possible from scratching and irritating your skin.  

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Itchy after surgery

+2

Yes, I would ask that you call your surgeon's office and discuss the bra being tight as well as the "itchiness" you are experiencing.  They will assist you with these issues.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Itching after breast augmentation

+1

For specific aftercare such as this, please call  your surgeon's office. His/her answering service should be able to connect you to surgeon or his/her nurse.

Bra issues after augmentation.

+1

Best thing is to call your surgeon for a new bra. Many patients have issues with the material in compression bras and certain lotions or medications can help. If you develop severe itching, any fevers, or increase in pain, you need to contact your surgeon immediately.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Itch post aug

+1

I would call and get a new bra or wear one of your older ones.It sounds like you have a little contact dermatitis and benadryl would certainly help.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Itching and Redness after Breast Augmentation

+1

Without question you should be seen by your physician.  It's always better to err on the side of caution.  Most likely, it's nothing to be concerned over but always good to be evaluated.