Hit In The Nose With A Clothing Hanger 3 Months Post Op, Will This Damage My Final Result?

Hello, today I had an accident. I'm three months post rhinoplasty and I bumped my nose with a hanger. I hit the lower, cartilage part of the nose on the side, near the cheek, I just somehow bumped or pulled the skin - it didn't hurt. I am now very worried and don't know if my nose is okay and if it will influence my final result.

Rhinoplasty and Hanger Trauma

+2

Hi Dave,

Don't get too "hung up" about it.  If it did not hurt, and it was the lower part of your nose 3 months after your surgery, and it looks and feels the same, then it is most likely fine and won't cause any problems.  If you are concerned, schedule a visit with your rhinoplasty surgeon to allay your concerns.  By the way, try to avoid other people swinging hangers at you.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Hit with hanger

+2

While not likely to be a problem your own surgeon is in the best position to answer your qustion. Only he/she knows what was done during your procedure and if this will affect it.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

It might if it was of significant impact to tear or crack the nasal cartilage and or bones.  You should see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon for evaluation.

Injured nose 3 months post op

+2

With the description you gave, I doubt that you did any significant damage, but an examination is necessary to confirm that. Make an appointment with your surgeon and let them do a quick check.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Minor bump to nose 3 months post rhinoplasty

+2

At three months post rhinoplasty and given the description of your accident, it is extremely unlikely that you sustained an injury that will have any affect on your final outcome. You may just want to run your scenario past your surgeon anyhow to relieve any of your concerns.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD