Is This Accessory Axillary Breast Tissue or Just Fat? (photo)

I have always had this ever since puberty. Even when i was in my best shap and doing hours and strength and cardio exercise everyday! ive been told to tighten the area through strength exercise but considering i grow muscle so easy, i'm afraid it will just get bigger (muscle with fat on top!). i need to know is this breast tissue or just fat?19 year old female. size A maybe barely a B cup. i dont even wear cup bras because the wire cuts off my real boob and extra armpit boob and hurts and creates bulges.

LIposuction for Reducing Size of Fullness From Side of Breast

+1

What you are demonstrating is a roll of skin and fat on the side of the breast that extends into the back. This is best treated by liposuction which will reduce the fat which extends into your back and will also help reduce the size of the skin roll as well.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Fat or breast tissue at side of chest

+1

Thank you for the question about the excess tissue beside your breast.

• excess fat and skin is the usual explanation but
  • but it looks like breast tissue - which unlike fat, appears at puberty.
  • see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a thorough exam
  • treatment will probably be out-patient surgical removal of breast tissue combined with liposuction and removal of excess skin.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Deformity of Under Armpit Area

+1

Axillary breast tissue that you can feel but doesn't create a bulge, is normal, but what you are showing is subaxillary tissue.  The breast doesn't grow here and there are no muscles here  that you need to worry about getting too big from working out.

You have fatty tissue here with overlying loose skin.  Liposuction can most likely help.  Your skin may tighten as a result, but there is also the possibility that it may get more loose.

A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help to sort out the issues and find the possibilities for improvement.  Most plastic surgeons are reasonably skilled at this sort of problem.

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

The axillary tail of the breast is a structure that is normal and contains at least a little fat.

+1

The axillary tail of Spence is a normal anatomic feature. Sometimes it can be quite large and aesthetically objectionable. If it is predominantly fat liposuction can reduces volume. If it is primarily glandular, excision will be necessary.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag.php?ID=20

Is This Accessory Axillary Breast Tissue or Just Fat?

+1

There is fat present and skin and breast tissue as well.  You may be able to get a great deal of improvement with liposuction, but a physical exam woud be necessary to confirm.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

It is likely a little of both

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The area to the side of your breast is likely a little of both fat and breast tissue.  I suspect the majority of it is fat.  If your breasts become tender or enlarge during your cycle and this area also changes than we should assume that breast tissue is present.  Treatment of this area can be accomplished in several ways.  For some of my patients that have undergone a breast lift or breast reduction where the incision was brought out to the side I have continued the incision and just removed the side breast tissue.  This is a very good way of doing so since it removes all of the excess tissue as well as tightens the laxity in that area.  Liposuction can also be performed and even Coolsculpting may be an option.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Is This Accessory Axillary Breast Tissue or Just Fat

+1

From the photo, I would guess that this is fat, but the photo is not a particularly good way of distinguishing between the two. Axillary breast tissue usually extends along the anterior axillary line, which is the forward fold behind which is the axilla. 

A physical exam during a consultation will do a much better job of distinguishing between the two. All the best.