Am I an Acceptable Candidates? (photo)

hi docs, im 158 cm, 55 kg, 28 y.o struggling with disproportional body contour. im a pear shape with 'out-of-control' saddle bags & thighs & this always give me a big problem to buy suitable pants. im strongly intent to do liposuction but im afraid the cellulite & stretch marks can make it worse. i cant tolerate it any longer, this 'bulge-jello-like' flab makes me very irritates whenever i walk. exercise do nothing. pls suggest me any suitable alternatives b4 i carry on with the tumescent lipo.

Liposuction at 121 lbs

+1

Your pictures suggest that you may benefit from liposuction of the saddle bags, flanks, and lower abdomen.  However, skin quality will need to be evaluated to determine an optimal surgical plan.

By the look of the pictures I can tell you that you may be a good candidate for liposuction

+1

Hello! by the look of the pictures I can tell you that you may be a good candidate for liposuction, but as a professional I need to let you know that they are other facts that we need to consider before giving you a final conclusion. If you have pregnancies history, a Lipo + Tummy Tuck can be an option for abdomen stretch marks and flabbiness. As an FYI I'm going to make a recommendation that will help you get the most out of the procedure and get you the highest return on investment.

If you follow a diet for a few months that restricts total calories and white flour/sugar + exercised regularly, you'd be able to lose that last little bit of extra fat that you feel is just out of reach now. Then, when you do the liposuction, the surgeon will be able to focus on just the very most stubborn fat pockets that still remain, making the procedure much more worth your while.

Luis Suarez, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Candidacy for Liposuction

+1

While you are definitely a candidate for liposuction, I'm going to make a recommendation that will help you get the most out of the procedure and get you the highest return on investment.

If you followed a diet for a few months that restricts total calories and white flour/sugar + exercised regularly, you'd be able to lose that last little bit of extra fat that you feel is just out of reach now. Then, when you have the liposuction, the surgeon will be able to focus on just the very most stubborn fat pockets that still remain, making the procedure much more worth your while. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Weight loss before Body Contouring

+1

Liposculpture can certainly be done on you in order to enhance you shape. Although if you have pregnancies history, a Lipo + Tummy Tuck can be an option for abdomen stretch marks and flabbiness.

Thanks for sharing your concerns

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Acceptable candidate for liposuction

+1

Remember that liposuction is not a weight loss technique, it is a body contouring technique that has certain limitations. While liposuction can certainly be done on you, I would fear that the ultimate outcome would not be as dramatic as you hope, and you would be disappointed. What I tell my prospective patients that are in your situation: "The more weight you lose, the better job I can do for you".

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before liposuction

+1

I think that if you lose weight and get down to a weight that is closer to your goal, you can then be evaluated for possible contour surgery.

Yes

+1

Your height and weight put you in the overweight category, however you certainly would be an "acceptable" candidate.  The most important recommendation is to attempt to achieve a more ideal weight through healthy diet and exercise before having liposuction.  You will have a better result in the short term and be more likely to maintain your result in the long term, especially at the young age of 28.  Your fear is valid, as cellulite and stretch marks do not improve with liposuction, however, contour can be significantly improved. 

If you need help with weight loss you should consider consulting with a comprehensive weight loss program including nutritional and fitness advice, as well as a medical evaluation for possible factors such as thyroid disease.

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Am I candidate for liposuction?

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. You are looking for an alternative before liposuction and the best alternative is to try and lose weight. And the ideal your weight the more benefit you will get from future liposuction. I also agree with you that liposuction of the thighs can make your indents in the thigh worse if not properly done. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Am I an Acceptable Candidates?

+1

Weight lose is always best before any surgery. But can you have an acceptable to great result with liposuction? YES you can. 

Lposuction Works Well For Saddle Bags And Thigh Reduction

+1

There are no other alternatives to your lower body concerns that will remotely be as effective as liposuction. While it will not make your lower body petitie, it will help reduce some of the bulges giving the thighs a better silhouette and making pants fit better. While liposuction will not improve celllulite or stretch marks, it will probably not make them appreciably worse either. That should not be a consideration from you getting the benefits of what liposuction has to offer.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD