Is Accent XL and Ultrashape As Effective As Thermage for Skin Tightening?

I have had body by Thermage on my bottom and love handles and like the results, but it was expensive and painful and I required pain killers. I was going to go ahead and do it again on my abdomen and the front of my thighs, but I saw some write ups for Accent XL, which is cheaper than Thermage and Ultrashape which is not available in U.S yet, and I am wondering if they will give me the same results without the pain and expense. Thanks.

Accent vs. Thermage and Ultrashape

+1

The technology on Thermage and Accent is radiofrequency.  It can be painful when you are heating up the dermis.  Ultrashape is ultrasound and it can also be painful.  Everyone's results will be different no matter what technology is used. 

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/skin-tightening-cellutlite-austin.html

Accent XL, Thermage, and Ultrashape

+1

Hi Mary,

Patient satisfaction in my practice is much higher with Accent XL compared with the consensus patient satisfaction rate with Thermage. I can only vouch for the Accent XL results as performed by the RN who performs the procedure in our office.

Ultrashape has promising early results but as you know it is not FDA approved for use in the US. I heard that there were a few complications that need to be rectified before FDA approval of Ultrashape.

Nice to hear that you had good results with Thermage, I don't get to hear that often enough.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.