Puffy After Accent XL for Face Tightening

I had my first Accent XL treatment 4 days ago for tightening on my face. When I first wake up I have puffiness under my eyes and increased fullness on the bottom half of my face. This look slowly decreases as the day goes on. Is this a normal reaction that I can expect to subside with time? Is there anything I should be doing to lessen this effect? Help ... this is exactly the look I DON'T want!

Accent XL not giving you the "look" you're looking for

+3

I am not familiar with this type of response, I can only assume it is an inflammatory response that will subside eventually. Once the body's healing mechanism of collagen production is at a stable or completed rate, I imagine the rest will normalize as well. I have not heard this concern before. Possibly an ongoing histamine response to heat? You may want to speak with your physician to see about taking a non-sedating anti-histamine before your next treatment. Be well.

Dr. P

Puffiness Normal After Accent

+1

The accent is causing a thermal injury which can have some post swelling. It is normal to wake up after lying flat and have more “puffiness”. In the short term if you sleep elevated this could reduce the temporary swelling. We have had very successful results in our practice using the Accent. Just give it a little time and any swelling should subside.

Web reference: http://www.hallplasticsurgery.com/skin-tightening-cellutlite-austin.html