How Many Sessions Does It Take for a Typical Accent XL Treatment?

I'm in my mid-twenties, and have slight cellulite on my thighs. I've heard good things about the Accent, so I would rather spend money on something that works well...but how much of a dent in the paycheck is it?

How much does the Accent XL cost? How many sessions are typically required?...In other words, what's the grand total?

Non-surgical cellulite treatments require continued treatments

+3

Non-surgical cellulite treatments do produce visible results, but those I have seen are temporary. To maintain improvement in cellulite using laser, ultrasound and other non-surgical techniques that have been thoroughly investigated require continued treatments to maintain your result. Long term experience in Europe where most of these treatments were developed have often been disappointing.

Have an open honest discussion with your doctor and ask to see results on patients he/she has treated. Confirm what results you can expect. if you need additional treatments what will be the cost. Ask the doctor how many treatments you will need.

These treatments work by altering blood flow and shifting fluid. Permanent tissue changes resulting in permanent cellulite removal have not yet been documented by histology or microscopic examination, in my opinion.

Accent Sessions

+1

6-8 treatments spaced about 2 weeks apart are recommended when undergoing the Accent procedure.  Price varies on the area being treated but can range from $250-$500 per area per treatment.  My practice offers package discounts of 6-8 treatment sessions.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, I would not suggest Accent XL. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Accent XL For Cellulite

+1

Hi Missy,

Accent XL has a very high patient satisfaction profile in our office. The treatment success is dependent on the skill and experience of the person administering the treatment. It is an excellent treatment for sculpting fat and managing cellulite.

In our office, patients consult with our treating registered nurse who performs the procedures. After examining you, she will be able to give you an estimate on how much the treatment will run and how many sessions will be required.

It really depends on the area(s) that are treated as to the cost. For most areas, 5 monthly treatments are recommended, and then a once a year single maintenance treatment.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD