Accent/laser or Cellulaze? What Would Help Me? (photo)

I am 21 and workout 4-6 times weekly my body is TIGHT/toned. When I was younger I had weight gain and the only place I feel I can't tone up is the back of my legs. I have a creases and not sure if its excess skin or just cellulite. When I pull my leg skin up it looks perfect (not pushing hard at al) so it makes me think it could be more of a skin issue. My question is would I see improvement with accent or a laser similar (which one?) or is my bet cellulaze? Concerned cause cellulaze is SO new.

Accent vs. Cellulaze

+2

It is difficult unfortunately, even with a photograph, to determine your exact concerns or your ideal course of treatment.  I don't know that you would see much improvement with a non-surgical treatment such as Accent.  If you are trying to improve contours, mild irregularities and tighten the skin somewhat you may be a candidate for SmartLipo and/or Cellulaze.  A physical exam and consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience with various procedures and technologies would be able to better guide you without guessing.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Cellulaze for cellulite

+1

There are some great animated videos showing how Cellulaze works on YouTube and the Cellulaze website. The real benefit of the Cellulaze procedure is delivering laser energy to the deep surface of the skin to promote new collagen formation, skin thickening and tightening. This reduces the appearance of cellulite far more effectively than any of the previously available technologies and is a one time procedure. Hope this helps.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite, the cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulite vs Lipodystrophy

+1

Thanks for your question, Alexandra44130.

From your photo, it is difficult to see what you are describing.  It almost appears as if you have some mild, persistent fatty deposits that are amenable to a Smart Lipo treatment.  But if what you are describing is truly cellulite, then I would recommend Cellulaze.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze treatment?

+1

It is difficult to assess your area of concern with just your photo.  A physical exam is needed.  But if indeed your primary issue is cellulite, then I would consider cellulaze.  

Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Treatment

+1

If you have areas that are not responding to diet and exercise then Cellulaze would benefit you. This procedure will make the skin thicker and smoother.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Which Treatment?

+1

Even the posted photo does not help in responding. I do not see much cellulite in the photo so try other therapies first. But best to obtain ONLY IN PERSON evaluations. 

Cellulaze Treatment

+1
Thank you for your question. In my opinion, Cellulaze is the best treatment for your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research, so it is not that new. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD