Accent XL Vs. Palomar - Which is More Powerful?

I'm a new mommy interested in skin tightening. I found that Accent XL RF penetrates to 14 mm, while the Palomar Lux Deep IR only penetrates to 6 mm. Does that mean Accent will give me the best results because it penetrates deeper? or is the penetration depth different b/c one system uses radio freq while the other uses infared light?

Accent XL versus Palomar: Depth of Treatment is Significant

+2

Hi One Hot Mama,

Excellent question, I wish all consumers were that alert! Yes, it is better for that reason, and for cellulite it works because the penetration of the radiofrequency via antenna reaches depths of up 2 cm. Infrared is an alternative I would suggest for minimal and conservative results for those who are not candidates for Accent X/L because of the contraindication of pace makers or implants near the area to be treated. Kudos for asking a great question. Be well and stay hot, Mama.

Dr. P

Accent Laser

+1
I chose to purchase the Accent Platform because it penetrates deeper and should show more cellulite improvement.  The newest version of Accent is called V Shape and it is very versatile.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon