Will Accent Get Rid of Lumps Caused by Sculptra Under-eye Procedure?

I had Sculptra done under my eyes and had a terrible experience from it: I got 3 lumps under my eyes. My doctor told me to try having them removed through Accent. Will it work?

Sculptra and Accent XL

+2

Hi Mas,

We have used the accent following injectables, two other times and it does make a differnce, still slow though.

We have not used it in a patient with sculptra, but it could help.  Good luck.

Dr. P

Bumps after sculptra

+1

I don't think further procedures can help to resolve the bumps. Patients that have been sent to me with sculptra bumps near the periocular can be resolved in one of four ways 1. Massage 2. Steroid injection 3. Time 4. Surgical excision. 

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Accent unlikely to fix Sculptra bumps

+1

How soon after injection did the Sculptra "bumps" appear? Early development of bumps is the product lumping up whereas late development 2-3 months after injection is the collagen and inflammation that this product stimulates. Product lumps won't benefit from any known treatment other than surgical removal or waiting months to see if the "dissolve" eventually on their own. Late bumps can be shrunk best with weak concentration of cortisone injection. Accent, Thermage, etc. can heat the area but the benefit is likely to be little.

Ann Arbor Dermatologist