Will Acanya Gel Be More Effective Than Accutane?

I was on Accutane 3 yrs ago. My acne has come back with a kick, not as bad as before. I'm sick of this. So my dermatologist prescribes Acanya Gel qd and tetracycline bid. How effective is this gel going to be if I have had to be on Accutane before?

Nothing is as effective as Accutane

+1

There frankly is nothing as effective as Accutane. However, the combination of Acanya and Tetracycline would spare you the possible side effects attendant to Accutane.

Acanya is a combination of Clindamycin and 2 1/2 % Benzoyl Peroxide. It is claimed that is milder than its competition combos Duac and Benzaclin.

Most likely, your dermatologist is hoping you will respond to this to forestall having to go through the hastles (I pledge, blood draws, extra office visits) an potential side effects of Accutane.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist