Getting Abs Back After Babies Delivered by C- Section 15 Months Apart, Options?

Before having two children 15 months apart via ceserean, I had great abs. My first c was bikini, my second was vertical. Almost two years later, I still have some left over skin and relaxed muscles. I am 5'2" and weigh 155. I have tried diets and Spanx but I still look 4 months pregnant. Pre-pregnancy i weighed 110 at most. Not being able to afford surgery, what are my options? I want to go back to those washboard abs. Is there such thing as surgeons who donate services? :)

Unacceptable tummy after 2 C-sections and weight gain

+1

Even if you were able to lose weight to prenatal size, you would likely still have loose skin as well as separated abdominal muscles.  You could do 1000 crunches a day, and still would have a bulging abdomen, unless the rectus muscles are repaired.  I'm afraid the answer to your question is surgery.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Getting Abs Back After Babies

+1

The only difference between strong abdominal muscles and washboard abs is that you can see the washboard because the fat layer under the skin is so little. If the fat layer is thicker and you exercise your abs vigorously, they are still a washboard but you can't see the contour because the thicker fat layer is obscuring them. You were much thinner before your pregnancy and unless you get your body fat percentage to that very low number again the abs will remain hidden. Even if you could afford a tummytuck and you got rid of the extra skin, that in itself will not show off the muscle contour.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD