Non Ablative Fractional Treatment Better Than Any Thermage Treatment?

I have been treated with Elos, Refirm skin tightening, for 3 years, I was happy in the begining but recently nothing seems to be doing on my face (in terms of toning, saggin, texturing) so I am considering Affirm non ablative fractional treatment, but afraid that Affirm wouldn't do much either. Any suggestion?

Fractional and thermage have two different areas of focus

+1

Fractional lasers allow resurfacing of a chosen fraction of skin AND deep heating to provide some collagen tightening.

Thermage, and similar devices-such as Endy Med are not lasers, but producers of deep heat to tighten only.They do not have a resurfacing effect.

There are so many individual factors that it would be difficult to say which produces the most tightening; but the fractional laer is the way to go if you are looking for skin resurfacing.

South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing improves skin surface

+1

Skin tightening procedures in my experience can help tighten the skin and make the skin more firm and less likely to fall -- as in when you reach down to tie your shoe or dig in your handbag - but these tightening procedures do not help skin surface irregularities, blotches or wrinkles. Laser procedures including the non-ablative fractional techniques can do very nice things to improve the surface of the skin - decrease fine lines and wrinkles, improve blotchy pigment and overall refresh the skin - but are not as good for skin tightening.

If you are looking to firm and tighten skin - choose a skin tightening procedure such as thermage radiofrequency or face lift. If you want nicer looking and fresher looking skin with less sundamage then one of the non-ablative or ablative fractional lasers can be helpful. These 2 types of procedures - skin tightening and laser skin rejuvenation - can be combined for best results.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist