I Had Abdominoplasty 3 Wks Ago. 2 Wks Post I Started Feeling Heavy Legs, Now a Numb Thigh Too. Problem or Normal?

I Had Abdominoplasty 3 Wks Ago. 2 Wks Post I Started Feeling  Heavy Legs, Now a Numb Thigh Too. Problem or Normal?

Heavy legs could be a blood clot?

+1

While performing a tummy tuck some sensory nerves are unavoidably severed.  Thus, there can potentially be some areas of numbness on your tummy.  Most of this resolves over time.  It is highly unlikely that any nerves that are motor in nature have been severed during a tummy tuck.  I am concerned about you "heavy legs" and advise to you call your plastic surgeon immediately to rule out a blood clot in your legs.  

Heavy legs post abdominoplasty

+1

I think that you should contact your surgeon promptly for an examination. What you are describing may be deep venous thrombosis. May. To diagnosis this condition, certain tests are performed to confirm that diagnosis, and then you may need blood thinners.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Heavy Legs after Abdominoplasty?

+1

It would be potentially dangerous for online consultants to dismiss “heavy legs” as normal. We are always concerned about the possibility of  complications such as deep venous thrombosis ( clots in the veins of the legs or pelvis. I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who may or may not feel that ultrasound evaluation of the lower extremities is indicated.