Tummy Tuck or Even More Exercise? (photo)

28 y/o. 5'4" 140lbs, mother of 3. A 9lb 11oz boy in 2008 and then c-sect twins in 2011, 7lbs 14oz and 9lbs 15oz (the largest twin delivered at my hospital in at least 20 years, lol). I gained 41lbs with the twins and lost 65lbs after. I take a combination of bootcamp classes, run and circuit train at least 5 days a week. My body has toned up but my stomach appears baggy. I know an exam is necessary but does this look like something I can "tone up" or would you recommend a TT?

Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement

+1

At this time, you are an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty.  If you are not planning future pregnancies I recommend mesh reinforcement.  Mesh reinforcement will enhance your hour-glass figure, flatten your abdomen and provide the mechanical strength to your abdomen that was lost by fascia stretchning from multiple pregnancies.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

When do you need a tummy tuck?

+1

You need one whenever you have lax and excess skin as you do.  There are various methods of doing a tuck and you should explore your options with your chosen plastic surgeon and if any confusion, then get a second opinion.  You should also imagine your tummy with your muscles relaxed as I would imagine your tummy bulging more when relaxed.  Plication sutures would be needed in this situation.  Finally, you need to decide on whether you wish to keep your belly button, slide it down an inch or even consider removing it completely and reconstructing a belly button at a later time.  Good luck with achieving your goals!

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

You Deserve A Tummy Tuck

+1

Wow.  Congrats on  your hard work and your excellent tone after your pregnancies and deliveries.  You are now the perfect candidate for a tummy tuck.  In fact, after all this hard work, you deserve a tummy tuck.  Your muscles are separated from the pregnancies, and your skin has lost its elasticity.  Your youth and the good shape you have gotten yourself into will bode well for a great result and quick recover from a tummy tuck done by a Board Certified plastic surgeon. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Exercise v. tummy tuck

+1

You are a busy lady!  Congratulations on being in great shape.  Loose skin and musculature after childbirth cannot be corrected with exercise.  You should do very well with abdominoplasty.  Patients in optimal physical condition are prime candidates.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation. 

Tummy tuck vs exercise

+1
Thank you for posting proper pix. Congrats on the babies and amazing twin size as well as returning to a great weight. Unfortunately, exercise will not address your loose skin or the separation of the muscles. You are best treated with a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty (full tummy tuck). Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. Best of luck.

Exercise vs Tummy Tuck?

+1

You already appear very toned and athletic due to your extensive exercise program so I do not believe any additional exercise will improve your loose skin.  You are definitely a candidate for a full vs mini tummy tuck.  I would see a Board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Congratulations on your achievement! 

Tummy Tuck V. More Exercise

+1

Wow, that is quite an exercise regimen. Congratulations, not many patients are able to reach their goal. In terms of your abdomen, you will benefit from a standard tummy tuck and you would do great.  Patients who exercise before surgery have a quicker recovery.  Keep up the exercise, interview a couple of plastic surgeons in your area and proceed once you have found someone  you like.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

#TummyTuck or Even More Exercise? (photo) ANS:

+1

From the look of your skin and the stretch marks, I seems like more exercise will not work to tighten up the part that is loose and hangs down. Now there are new things that have come along that may help tighten up the skin a bit. The Venus Freeze has recently been approved by the FDA and it may, and I say may, hold some promise for people just like you that just need a bit of skin tightening! But exercise....prob not....

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

You can't exercise your skin

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on losing all of the weight from your pregnancies and the efforts that you are making with your workouts. Unfortunately, as there is no muscle in your skin, you can't exercise it. The only way to get rid of excess skin is to remove it. Based on your photos alone and not an exam, you look like you would be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck. Good luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon