Abdominoplasty Technique for Ehlers Danlos Patient

I am three months post-op from a full abdominoplasty and umbilical hernia repair by a board certified plastic surgeon. One month post-op the hernia and diastasis recurred. Although my sutures remain intact midline, the surrounding tissues have separated from them. I have since been diagnosed with Ehler's Danlos syndrome. My surgeon has suggested a full revision using mesh to hold the fascia together. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of revision? I am not sure how to proceed.

Revision of abdominoplasty in patient with Ehlers-Danlos has high chance of failure.

There are different forms of your diagnosis.  In all of them the collagen biochemistry is abnormal and causes connective tissue to stretch when placed under tension.  There is a good chance that a revision of your surgery may be met with failure.