Abdominoplasty Technique for Ehlers Danlos Patient

I am three months post-op from a full abdominoplasty and umbilical hernia repair by a board certified plastic surgeon. One month post-op the hernia and diastasis recurred. Although my sutures remain intact midline, the surrounding tissues have separated from them. I have since been diagnosed with Ehler's Danlos syndrome. My surgeon has suggested a full revision using mesh to hold the fascia together. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of revision? I am not sure how to proceed.

Revision of abdominoplasty in patient with Ehlers-Danlos has high chance of failure.

+1

There are different forms of your diagnosis.  In all of them the collagen biochemistry is abnormal and causes connective tissue to stretch when placed under tension.  There is a good chance that a revision of your surgery may be met with failure.