Abdominoplasty Scar Removal?

I'm 24 and will likely undergo an abdominoplasty after having lost 150lbs. I know there is a pretty significant scar but I've never heard about anyone subsequently undergoing a scar removal procedure to reduce the appearance. Is this ever done? Are they concerns? The scars might be preferable to the lose skin but being so young the thought of having such a long unsightly scar for the rest of my life is sobering.

Scar after Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your successful/significant weight loss.

You're correct in that the downside of the tummy tuck  procedure is the presence of a long scar. However, as you know scars do tend to fade with time and can be concealed well in undergarments and swimming suits.

On the other hand, given the amount of weight loss you have experienced,  the upsides of the tummy tuck procedure  are numerous;  these include removal of excess skin and adipose tissue as well as tightening up the abdominal wall muscles that spread with weight gain/loss.  Most patients who undergo this procedure appreciate the improvement in contour and are willing to accept the presence of the scar. If this card does spread or heal abnormally thin scar revision surgery may be helpful. The use of silicone-based products on the fresh incision line may also be helpful to minimize the appearance of the scar

Make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon  to help you achieve your goals.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Abdominoplasty scar

+1
Clearly, the procedure you are contemplating, like nearly all procedures, represents a "trade-off": Removal of your excess skin must be worth the prospect of a permanent scar for you to proceed with surgery. Scars do fade with time, and they become part of you, just like the excess skin is now part of you. Work with your surgeon to be sure location, configuration, and length of scar are designed to remove as much skin as necessary, yet remain concealed beneath clothing and swimsuit styles you are likely to wear.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com