Is abdominoplasty right for me? I'm 5'10" and I weigh 215.

I'm trying to gather some information on the effectiveness of a tummy tuck for someone of my body type. I'm 22 years old, I'm 5'10" and I currently weigh 215. I have PCOS and was told by several healthcare professionals that I won't be able to lose this weight naturally. Any thoughts?

Tummy tuck and weight.

+1

In my opinion for best results the patient has to weigh no more than 170 in order to achieve results. It´s best if you can loose all the weight possible so the fat mass can be lower and more skin can be tucked and give you the best results.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, precise/meaningful device would necessitate in person consultation. Nothing will replace a full history, physical examination, detailed discussion of your goals, and a thorough review of potential risk/complications associated with body contouring options.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I would suggest that you consider additional consultation with other “healthcare professionals”, personal trainers, nutritionists...

Ultimately, having the procedure performed closer to your long-term stable weight will increase the safety of the procedure performed and minimize chances that additional surgery will become necessary, in the event of weight fluctuation after the tummy tuck procedure.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Tummy Tuck in the Overweight

+1

Although Polycystic Ovary Syndrome can make losing weight harder. there is no reason that, with proper greadual change to better dietary habits, you cannot lose weight to a normal waist. Abdominoplasty is much more effective in someone who is a normal weight. Without a picture, it is impossible to determine if you are an otherwise reasonable candidate for a tummy tuck.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate?

+1

Without photos, it's difficult to provide you with good advice. A tummy tuck will remove excess skin and some abdominal fat. The skin becomes tighter and flatter, and the abdominal muscles can also be tightened to enhance the waist and further flatten your tummy. Keep in mind that a tummy tuck is not truly a "weight loss" procedure. The weight of the skin and fat that are removed is usually not that great, although you can often LOOK like you've lost A LOT of weight following this procedure.

Andres Taleisnik, MD

Are you a candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1

Please consider posting a photo. A front and side view of your bare midriff would help my colleagues and I answer your question. As you know, 2 people of the exact same height and weight can have VERY different body types. In general, you are a candidate for a tummy tuck if you have excess abdominal skin, a lot of abdominal fat and/or loose abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck will not help you lose weight. It is also important to know if you are planning to have children in the future.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

+1

This would be difficult to make recommendations without pictures or an exam.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.