Abdominoplasty/Gynecomastia 6-7 Months Post-op, Unhappy WIth Results. Can I Get A Revision? (photo)

Due to weight loss I had Abdominoplasty/Gynecomastia surgery back in May 2011 from board certified doctor.Before surgery my doctor said he would make my stomach and chest flat. It has been 6-7 months post-op as you can see my results were fairly poor.I still continue to wear my compression garment at night if I do not my stomach looks more bloated. As I really want reconstruct these areas,is it possible to get these results? 

Revisionary Surgery?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

With all due respect, I do not see ( in your pictures)  what I would call a “fairly poor” result. To be fair,  I would need to see before pictures as well.

I would suggest that you allow one year ( after surgery)  to pass to allow for complete skin contraction to occur. If you are still displeased,  I would suggest calm/nonaccusatory conversation with your plastic surgeon.

As the other doctors online have mentioned,  realistic expectations is of paramount importance.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Expectation mismatches in plastic surgery

I don't see in your photos what would be considered to be a "fairy poor" result.  These issues are best discussed calmly with your plastic surgeon because it may be that your expectations from surgery were beyond what could have been achieved.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

I must agree

Your results in general is considered good.  The abdomen is very good. The chest maybe flatter but depends on the skin quality.  Surgery for weight loss is skin which has lost some of the contractility properties.  You must be realistic with this.

Miguel Delgado, MD

450 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

Even with or with out before and after photos to compare, you need to understand over the internet is a very restricted method to obtain advise. In your case I agree with Drs Rand, Wallach &  Khoobehi that your realistic expectations outweigh the good result obtained. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Unhappy 7 months post abdominoplasty and gynecomastia surgery

You need to really contact your surgeon (was it a board certified Plastic surgeon?) and discuss you concerns. He/she can review your situation and progress and hopefully clarify and satisfy these issues. Revisions can be performed provided that they make sense and will predictably provide a noticeable improvement. This is not necessarily clear in your situation.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

10290 N 92nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Post-op results

WIthotu comparing the pre-op and post-op photos it is hard to tell what you are dissatisfied with because yoru posts look reasonably good.  In most cases these procedures will not make you skin tight .

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Your before surgery picture would have been helpful

Your results should be compared to your before pictures. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon. There are limitations to each surgery and sometimes patient expectations exceeds the procedure limitations.There are minor issues that can be improved with revision.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3901 Veterans Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002