Abdominoplasty, Breast Lift and Implants? (photo)

Im 24 years old, 168 cm and 65kg.I have lost in total 45 kilos through diet and exercise alone. I now have lovely lose skin and breasts that are not the same size, I would like a abdominoplasty, breast lift and implants. Would I benifit from lipo on my stomach aswell to see best result? is it possible to get all done at the same time? I have my plastic/reconstructive appointment in a few weeks I would just appreciate any information before I see my Surgeon.

Candidate for Mommy Makeover

+1
Breast implants/Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck Often Performed Together and from your pics I think you would be a great candidate with perhaps a little lipo of the upper tummy and hips based on your exam.

Different surgeons will recommend different procedures including doing more than one at a time. Some surgeons also differ in ability, time it takes to do the same procedure and general. It makes this a difficult choice for patients. Based on my own experience I would do all at once as long as it takes 4 or less hours. Surgeons should never perform elective operations that they are uncomfortable performing or feel unwise for them, nor should they be faulted for doing so. However, for me, I typically perform a tummy tuck and breast augmentation and lift (mastopexy) at the same time and usually takes about 3-4 hours so I recommend this be done in one surgery and this is what many refer to a Mommy Makeover.

Not only that,if you did not need a breast lift, I usually place breast implants through the Tummy Tuck incision but I prefer this technique. Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Combination makes sense and is safe. Contrary to some of the answers I have found that the recovery time is not delayed and is the same as the tummy tuck procedure by itself. That is because you are healing simultaneously and not sequentially - both heal at the same time. The procedure only takes me about a half hour to 45 minutes longer than the tummy tuck alone. Best of all, I usually put in the breast implants through the tummy tuck incision so that there are no scars on the breasts.
I have performed many of these combination procedures over the past few decades and think it is a great idea without significant increased complications

Abdominoplasty, Breast lift and Implants

+1

A Mommy Makeover will help you achieve your goals. To have a nice result You will need a full tummy, moderate implant and breast lift. It is very safe and effective. We ensure safety through a proper physical exam, blood tests, a clearance from your primary doctor and a meeting with our board certified anesthesiologist. Safety should always be your first priority. A mommy makeover is a combination od tummy tuck, in which the essence of the procedure is tightening your core, then secondarily re-draping your skin to show off that tight core. The core tightening is essential because without it just skin removal is in effective. As we all know, skin stretches and will accommodate whatever the infrastructure (core) happens to be. Secondly a  breast procedure is done, usually implants to create a natural, fresh more youthful appearance. There is also some liposuction involved around the flanks and hips to really shape the visible silhouette. Given all this surgery and the general anesthesia we take extra precaution to ensure your number one asset...your health. As an adjunct I always give herbal supplements to help reduce the swelling and bruising. The treatment plans are as varied as the individuals.  Always seek a board certified plastic surgeon. After you meet him/her you will immediately know if they are the right surgeon to help you accomplish your goals.  Good luck on your procedure!!

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Mommy makeover breat augmentation/lift tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Hi,

You certainly in my practice would be a good candidate for the combination of procedures known as the MOMMY MAKEOVER.  They can all be done safely.

One has to be careful to agressively suction the tissue of the abdomen when doing a tummy tuck.  Remember that the only remaining blood supply to the redraped skin comes from the top and the sides of the abdominal tissue.  Over time, this will regenerated but in the early week or so, it has to be determined that the remaining blood supply (after the tissue is taken off the muscle) is good enough for the redraped skin.  One would not want to get too agressive at liposuctioning the areas left.

All at once and presto...you will be amazed at the results.  It all can give you a whole new perspective on confidence after the weight loss.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Congrats on your weight loss!.Good job. You appear to be a good candidate for the procedures. Having an exam will give you a better idea.Discuss these options with your surgeon and good luck.  Dr Thomas Narsete  Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty + Breast Lift + Implants + Suction Concerns

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. The combination of an abdominoplasty, breast lift, implants and liposuction is frequently performed. The primary concerns in any surgical procedure should be safety and  realistic expectations. You need to have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally, a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery at which time all of your issues and concerns can be addressed. If it is determined that you an appropriate realistic candidate, the procedures should be performed in a facility that is accredited by a national organization like American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Anesthesia should be performed by an appropriate anesthesia provider and if the procedure is performed in an ambulatory or office based surgical facility, hospitalization and observation for the first night should be considered. Before undergoing the procedure you should see your primary physician and have medical clearance.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the abdomen prior to abdominoplasty is not necessary.

+1

The photograph demonstrates the patient that is an excellent candidate for a mastopexy in abdominoplasty. The modest amount of fat does not require liposuction the patient will get a very good result from abdominoplasty only.

Tummy and breast issues

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. That is great!  I think that liposuction is not the answer based upon your photos. You look like you would benefit from removal of the excess skin.  Best to be seen in person.

What's involved with a Mommy Makeover

+1

It appears from your photos like you're an excellent candidate for a Mommy Makeover.  This entails a tummy tuck and breast lift +/- augmentation.  I'm not sure liposuction will really be necessary for you, but it's hard to say without examining you.  After massive weight loss or childbirth, it's common to see saggy, deflated breasts and excess skin of the abdomen.  This type of surgery should give you a nice result.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber...Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Amazing Transition !!

+1
First of all, congratulations for your amazing results. First of all, you didn't mention if you have had children and do you plan on having them in the future?  Since you are young, this is an important consideration.  Options for abdominoplasty include: mini, modified and full. Based upon your long torso and pre-operative low umbilical position, anything but a full abdominoplasty will result in an unacceptably low belly button. Difficult to judge from photos, but excessive fat could be directly excised from your abdomen if necessary. Talk to your surgeon about your options and make a decision that is right for you.  Good luck and congrats again! 

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Breast Lift and Breast Implants with Liposuction

+1

I think that a short scar tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and back with breast augmentation and breast lift would give you a very nice result.  These procedures can be performed at once as long as the plastic surgeon you select can perform these in a reasonable amount of time.  For instance, I could perform these four (or five) procedures in under 4 hours, which would be OK for you.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA