Abdominoplasty two weeks ago. Drain tubes just taken out blood was dark red? (photo)

This was right before the tubes were taken out. I also have a wet and dry on which is looked at once a day. is this proper care? I'm also to seek oxygen therapy. The incision and belly button have a rancid odor.

Post op photo

+1

Surgery is not just an operation... post surgical care , treatment of complicationsare the responsibility of the surgeon.   Your questions and concerns should be directed to your surgeon....If you want a second opinion seek one from another qualified surgeon. 

TT concerns

+1

Based on your photos, there are concerns there. I would suggest you stay in close contact with your surgeon to follow the skin that is dark and what is occurring. The dark blood you are describing may be a blood collection under the skin. I would recommend you get seen very frequently and may need to be admitted for antibiotics and possibly exploration. I am going by your photo which may not tell the whole picture. Your surgeon should be the one to guide you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based on the information you provided, it is hard to provide any ideas. You may want to be seen in person by a plastic surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Necrosis after your Tummy Tuck

+1

Your photo is quite alarming and indicates a serious complication. It appears that you have developed tissue necrosis of your abdominal skin. If you are not following closely with your surgeon, you need to be. You will likely require debridement of this tissue, particularly if you are having rancid odor. You need to make sure that there is not an underlying progressing infection.

Matthew Schulman, MD