Abdominal Swelling After Leg Liposuction

I have had Liposuction for the whole of my lower limbs (thigh/hip to ankle) done in 3 separate operations within 4.5 months (Dec 08 - Apr 09). The results are great, and I'm now a UK8/10 all over. I'm healing well, the swelling is reducing on legs, some still remains but as expected. However, I have abdominal swelling/bloating and look pregnant, as well as slightly swollen on my boobs and face/neck/buttocks. My body seems to be retaining fluid all over, although doesn't seem that much on legs. Is this normal after 7 weeks since last op?

Swelling after surgery

+1

Dear Susan1978, post operative swelling can be related to many different things. Have you seen your surgeon? Fluid retention is possible and also this can be due to some fat re-distribution with weight gain.

The best thing to do at this point is to see your surgeon for follow up.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD