Can an Abdominal Surgery Scar Be Revised to Be Less Severe?

At birth I had three intestinal surgeries that left me with a severe scar across my abdomen. I've always been a bit hesitant about wearing tight clothing or bikinis because people stare at my stomach and ask about it. As you can see from the pics, it goes in deep (see profile). I do not know much about plastic surgery.What kinds of surgery can help reduce the severity of the scar and can they can give me a somewhat normal belly button? What would it cost approx?

Scar revision

+1

Scars can be more visible based on location on the body, scar direction, scar color/topography vs. surrounding skin etc. In your case the scar is indented because more superficial layers have become attached to deeper layers. The treatment is to separate the layers surgically, suture each layer to its corresponding member on the other side of the cut and remove the surface skin scar. Sometimes a little liposuction or direct fat excision around the edges also helps. You can find an example of this as the second case study in the referenced web page.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.