Abdominal Scar Treatment?

Hello Everyone, I have a long vertical scar about 10 cm on my stomach due to the child appendectomy surgery. I actually did a scar surgery revision before but i was not happy of the result yet, is there any other laser treatment scar that can help with my scar now? Also, should i consider for second scar revision surgery again. Please advise and help! Many thanks!

Melarase PM + Surgical scar excision for an abdominal appendectomy scar

+1

Scar excision, followed by layered closure of the abdominal tissue will improve a scar.  In addition, topical Melarase PM will help smoothe the color of the scar. 

Scar

+1

It would be very helpful to see a picture of this scar and to know how long after the scar revision the photograph was taken

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Laser can help improve the appearance of scars

+1

I agree it is difficult to discuss the best way to treat your scar without seeing it in person but to answer you question, lasers can certainly help improve the appearance of scars. I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist with expertise in laser surgery to evaluate your scars.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar Revision

+1

Hi Saski.  There is no way to know what to suggest unless you post a photo.  Once you have done that we will make a recommendation.  Thanks.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD